Saturday, June 13, 2015

Morning Magic by Giles Smith review



I was approved to read and review Morning Magic in exchange for my unbiased opinion. Instead of sending us a Kindle version, they sent us an actual, honest to goodness book for us to hold in our hands. I can't tell you how much that means, and what a lost feeling it is to hold a fresh book and flip through pages with that new book smell. So thank you so much for that!
The book itself is a cute first story in a series about a witch - in - training getting ready for school.

When I first started reading, my daughter was in in a foul mood. She wanted to go play and I told her her we needed to read this first. She huffed and puffed and said she didn't like it. By the fifth page her smile had been trying suppress a giggle as the toad-ally luv_a_bul (see what I did there?) pet frog Paul was panting and sweating. She finally emitted a squeal of glee when Paul ended up being covered in underwear. Because really, how could you not laugh at that? 

The story contains a large amount of sight words for ages five to seven, making it easy for them to join in, and the rhyming nature of the book gives it a fun rhythm. I love the message of "keep trying" in the story. Emily must keep her wits about her and try again, as her spells don't exactly turn out how they are supposed to. I also love a good magic story. We love Harry Potter and my fiancé loves the Lord of the Rings and all that. This story is perfect for your little geek in training. I can't wait to read the other books in the series! 

You can purchase yours here if you think you'll love it just as much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment